Tuesday, January 3, 2012

se- Riva Tims Drops Lawsuit Against Zachery Tims' Fla. Church

In a statement posted on her Facebook page Monday, Tims admitted that, legally, she is not able to file the suit, because she previously “released my rights to file a complaint against NDCC.”

“After careful review of my amended MSA (2009); my attorney Robert Gibson discovered on December 30, 2011 that I released my rights to file a complaint against NDCC. Therefore by the advice of Mr. Gibson I withdrew the suit. My heart's desire is that God perfects all that concerns us,” Tims wrote, apparently referencing documents she signed upon her divorce from Zachery Tims and departure from NDCC.

She added, “I know as the Mother of Zoelle, Zachery, Zahria and Zion as well as the spiritual Mother to many that were birthed at New Destiny that I had a spiritual obligation to let my voice be heard. And our voices have been heard nationally. The righteousness we have been taught will continue to sustain us in this process. We are assured that truth will prevail – God is in Control!”

Tims insisted that she would “continue to fully support my NDCC family in every effort to manifest the Spirit of Truth.”

The turnaround comes after Tims announced at a Dec. 29 press conference that she had filed a lawsuit against NDCC over the board of directors appointing Paula White, co-founder of Without Walls International Church in Tampa, as the new senior pastor.

Like us on Facebook


Tims said that NDCC's decision is depriving her four children of their lawful inheritance and suggested that under the leadership of an outsider, the Apopka, Fla., megachurch will lose its original purpose.

“I believe that I have an obligation to let our voice be heard," she said last week. "That obligation is being fulfilled. The voice of the Tims' family and many New Destiny Christian Center members is being heard nationally.”

NDCC was founded in 1996 by Riva Tims and her ex-husband, Zachery, who died in New York in August. She claims she is the only pastor entitled to lead the congregation spiritually. She has referred to herself on multiple occasions as the church's “spiritual mother.”

Tims is currently the senior pastor of Majestic Life Ministries church in Orlando, which she founded after her divorce in 2009.

In her latest statement Monday, Tims thanked her followers for their support and prayers in the row over the leadership of NDCC.

Some NDCC congregants have been voicing their strong support for Tims over White, a charismatic televangelist and TV personality. Some church members held a rally calling for Tims to be made the church's pastor before the official appointment of White was announced last Thursday.

Still, upon holding her first service in the Apopka, Fla., church Sunday, White was reportedly well received, with worshippers signaling acceptance of their new senior pastor.









For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I will not keep quiet, Until her righteousness goes forth like brightness, And her salvation like a torch that is burning. Isaiah 62:1

I am prayerful that God's will for the members of New Destiny Christian Center be done. My complaint against NDCC board is and always has been an issue of the alleged negligent and illegal process NDCC’s board used to select a new pastor. My concern, as the mother of the children of the late Dr. Zachery Tims Jr., Zoelle, Zachery III, Zahria and Zion Tims is that they will never have an opportunity to receive the inheritance their father left for them. As the co pastor to many that were birthed into the Kingdom of God at NDCC my concern is that the legacy and vision of NDCC will be abandoned. A real mother desires for her baby to live! I believe that I have an obligation to let our voice be heard. That obligation is being fulfilled. The voice of the Tims' family and many New Destiny Christian Center members is being heard nationally.

I signed a Marital Settlement Agreement in 2009. The document is over 30 pages including an addendum. There is one sentence that excludes me from filing a legal complaint against the Board of New Destiny Christian Center. Of course, this was signed while Dr. Zachery Tims, Jr. was alive when there would never be a reason for me to file a complaint against NDCC. This can be challenged in a court of law but our desire is not to lose focus of our eminent goal to expose any possible deception of the NDCC board in their selection of the new pastor.

Those who truly knew Dr. Zach know that he would not back down from any opposition but would run to the battle. I stand in righteous indignation on behalf of him and my children. Though I am unable to present the case in a court of law, II Timothy tells us that God is THE Righteous Judge and I declare He is on our side. I will fully continue to support my New Destiny Christian Center family in every effort to manifest the Spirit of Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment